The following business assets may be subject to CGT:

  • commercial property let to or used by other organisations
  • residential property that is not your main residence
  • goodwill associated with a business run by a sole trader or partnership
  • shareholdings in privately-owned trading companies

Find out if you are liable for paying Capital Gains Tax by contacting us at Taxmatters Accountants in Chorley.